BPQ and the Morgan Arboretum are teaming up for the Great Backyard Bird Count!
Date: Saturday, February 18, 2017 Time: 9:00 a.m. to noon
Barbara MacDuff email@example.com 514-457-2222
Chris Cloutier firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheldon Harvey email@example.com
Join us at the Arboretum to experience this fun “citizen science” initiative through various activities.
Come as a family, a group of friends or on your own! All birding skill levels are welcome. This is a great introduction to birding for novices and an opportunity to share your love of birding for experienced birders.
- Count and identify birds on an expert led trail walk through the Arboretum.
- Observe birds using one of the high-powered scopes set up by BPQ volunteers.
- New to birding? No problem! Learn to identify a variety of common feeder birds.
- Get to hand-feed some the Arboretum’s Black-capped Chickadees. Please note, although we’ve requested the birds’ cooperation, no guarantees on this!
- Warm up with some complimentary hot chocolate during the bird species tally at the end of the event count period!
- Learn all about on-line data submission to eBird as part of the tally activity.
Are you already passionate about birds? This event is a great opportunity to share your enthusiasm with friends and family!
Take the “Pledge to Fledge” by attending this event with a non-birding friend or relative and help a new birder take flight! By inspiring others to watch birds, you help to multiply the number of people who enjoy and care about our feathered friends!
Did you know?
The GBBC a joint project of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the National Audubon Society with partner Bird Studies Canada. During this annual global event, tens of thousands of volunteers submit on-line checklists to eBird of birds observed during a designated 4-day count period in February. The data helps scientists monitor long-term avian population and migration trends. Anyone can participate and bird observations are not limited only to backyards. Anywhere you find wild birds is a great place to count them!
We’re counting on seeing you at the Arboretum!
Location: Morgan Arboretum, 150 Chemin des Pins, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, QC H9X 3V9
Meet at the Conservation Centre.
Cost: Free if you say you’re with BPQ!
Binoculars optional but highly recommended.